I remember being little at my aunt’s home on Tours Road waking up in first thing in the morning to the salty / sweet aroma of Champorado with Tuyo. This is an acquired taste, no question about it, but boy oh boy it brings back memories.
- 1 Cup Sweet Rice Short Grain
- 3 Cups Water
- 3 Pellets of Antonio Pueo Spanish Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cream
- 2 Pieces of Tuyo
- Bring rice and water to boil in a loosely covered pot. Once it reaches a rolling boil, lower heat to medium-low.
- Stir every 5-10 minutes.
- Chop chocolate pellets into less than 1/4th inch chunks.
- Once half of the water is absorbed into the rice, mix chocolate and sugar into the rice.
- Fry two pieces of tuyo for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Once rice is at the desired consistency, prepare two bowls and evenly distribute into bowls.
- Top each bowl with one tablespoon cream and one piece of tuyo.