Kerigaroo wanted Pastrami on Rye and like a good house husband, I obliged. We need to start with Rye Bread.
Whole Grain Rye Bread
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Rye Berries
- 2 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- In a blender, mill the rye berries until a desired consistency.
- Combine all the ingredients into the bowl of a KitchenAid Mixer and mix with a dough hook for about 10 minutes.
- Cover and set aside in a warm place to rise for 2-3 hours.
- When the dough has doubled in size, form the dough into a ball and transfer onto a greased baking sheet.
- Lightly cover the dough with plastic wrap. Besure to give the dough space to rise.
- Set the dough aside for 1-2 hours until it has doubled in size again.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 35-45 minutes until golden brown.