We’ve had a Roomba 960 for some time and it’s great having an iOS app to turn it on and off, but Siri integration has been lacking. With Hoobs and Docker (on Synology), this is really easy!
After installing Hoobs from within docker search for and install the Roomba STV plugin.
- Open Hoobs
- Go to Plugins / Search
- Enter: Roomba STV
- Install it
Open a terminal into the container. To do this on a synology, go to:
- Docker / Container / Details / Terminal
- Open a terminal by going to Create / Run by Command:
Once you have a Terminal window open, enter the commands below. Be sure to substitute the IP to your Roomba.
- cd /hoobs/node_modules/dorita980
- npm install
- node ./bin/getpassword.js “192.168.x.x”
When you run the command, want to make note of two strings “blind” and “Password”. Back in hoobs, configure the plugin.
- The Name and Model really doesn’t matter. Give it whatever name you’d like and the model doesn’t really matter.
- Paste the blid and Robot password from the getpassword command earlier.
- Set “Auto Refresh” and “Enable Keep Alive” to Yes
- Set the TTL Cache to 10
- Click Save
That’s it. Enjoy!