This is Turtle’s Chicken Cordon Blue. It’s absolutely amazing. I don’t know why other recipes don’t include a sauce. This one actually even includes blue cheese! A party winner every time.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Gruyere Cheese 6oz cut into thin strips
- Thin sliced ham or beef
- 1/2 to 1 cup bread crumbs Panco
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 6 oz Mushrooms Sliced
- 1/2 Onion Diced
- 2 Tablespoons blue cheese
- 2 Tablespoons white wine
- 2 Tablespoons Brandy
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a pan, saute 2 tablespoons butter, onions and mushrooms until they are tender and caramelized. Set aside.
- Mix panco, salt, pepper and thyme in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Set aside.
- Flatten chicken to 1/8" thick. Layer ham/beef and cheese on top. Roll up chicken and tie with kitchen twine.
- Dredge chicken roll into egg and and panco mixture. Move into fridge for 15 minutes to set.
- Fry chicken on all sides until golden brown in butter or oil, about 30 seconds on each side.
- Bake chicken in oven until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Rest chicken for 10 minutes.
- While chicken is resting, move sauce mixture back onto the heat. Add heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, blue cheese, brandy and white wine. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice chicken and top with sauce.