This crab is my spin on a dish I found at a far too pricey restaurant in San Francisco. The original was tasty and has flavors that I’m still trying to figure out, but this recreation stands on its own without comparison. It’s everything you like about Crab without all the messy effort. Yum!
- 4 Large Dungeness Crabs
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Granulated Garlic Powder
- Steam 4 large Dungeness crabs for 45 minutes. While crabs are steaming...
- In a sauce pot, combine the rest of the ingredients until melted. Set aside.
- Set the oven rack on the lowest position.
- Separate legs from the rest of the crab body and crack with a cracker. Do not pull meat from shell.
- Drunk cracked crab in the butter mixture and spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Broil for about 15 minutes or until lightly toasted.