Here’s a gourmet twist on a recipe for Pecan Pie found on the back of a bottle of Karo Corn Syrup.
Notable changes include the use of Vanilla Sugar and Madagascar Vanilla Beans.
Pecan Pies are really a custard, originally invented by the Karo company to sell more Corn Syrup. I often call it ‘Candy Pie’.
- 2 Cups Vanilla Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Corn Syrup
- 2 Cups Roasted Pecans
- 3 Table Spoons Salted Melted Butter
- 3 Eggs
- Bake frozen pie crust in the oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, or follow package directions.
- Mix vanilla sugar, corn syrup, butter, eggs and pecans until smooth.
- Pour mixture into baked and cooled pie crust.
- Bake in 350 oven for 55-60 minutes. Err on the side of less time. It makes for a softer custard.