We love smoked pork ribs! Any kind of pork ribs. Baby back, St Louis and Spare Ribs. Heck, even Country Style counts if you’re in a punch. They’re all delicious and don’t let anyone fool you — you can treat them all the same way. When done right, you don’t need a BBQ sauce. It’s perfectly fine to serve it with one, but put it on the side. The BBQ must stand out on its own.
This recipe uses a very basic rub but leaves out the sugar. There’s no need to add sugar. All the sweetness should come from your selection of wood. Most wood will work, but I like apple wood or cherry.
Smoked Pork Ribs
- 2 Racks of ribs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine all the spices in a bowl.
- Cover your two racks of ribs with the spices. Use it all, don't be shy.
- Smoke your ribs at 225f for 3 hours. Check it at 2 hours and 2.5 hours if the heat in your smoker is uneven.